The folks at The Cochrane Collaboration have been busy in 2011! This year alone they have written over 200 new Systematic Reviews of the medical and nursing literature, intended to guide Evidence Based Practice. Topics are taken from a wide range of disciplines and include such issues as:
- Baby-led versus scheduled breastfeeding for healthy newborns
- Foam dressings for healing diabetic foot ulcers
- Folic acid supplementation for the prevention of anaemia in preterm neonates
- General health checks for reducing morbidity & mortality from disease
- Intensive glucose control versus conventional glucose control for type I diabetes mellitus
Click here for a complete list of Cochrane Reviews. The full text of Cochrane Reviews are available to all SJO & CHOC physicians & staff through the Burlew Medical Library.