Friday, April 13, 2007
These articles especially captured my attention from the recent nursing literature dealing with research or EBN
1. Welk DS. How to read, interpret, and understand evidence-based literature statistics. Nurse Educator. 2007 Jan-Feb; 32(1): 16-20. (10 ref) Burlew carries this journal AN: 2009505151 NLM Unique Identifier: 17220762.
3. Fineout-Overholt E. Johnston L. Teaching EBP: implementation of evidence: moving from evidence to action. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing. 2006 4th Quarter; 3(4): 194-200. (21 ref) AN: 2009481523.
4. Abbott CA. Dremsa T. Stewart DW. Mark DD. Swift CC. Adoption of a ventilator-associated pneumonia clinical practice guideline. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing. 2006 4th Quarter; 3(4): 139-52. (43 ref) AN: 2009481519
5. Felber SH. Sylvanus TL. Wilson C. Kapoor R. Library and nursing research collaboration. Journal of Hospital Librarianship. 2006; 6(3): 19-30. (13 ref) AN: 2009383611.
6. Johansson P. Dahlstrom U. Brostrom A. Consequences and predictors of depression in patients with chronic heart failure: implications for nursing care and future research. Progress in Cardiovascular Nursing. 2006 Fall; 21(4): 202-11. (52 ref) Burlew has some online access, no print issues. AN: 2009373963 NLM Unique Identifier: 17170596.
7. Vollman KM. Ventilator-associated pneumonia and pressure ulcer prevention as targets for quality improvement in the ICU. Critical Care Nursing Clinics of North America. 2006 Dec; 18(4): 453-67. (135 ref) Burlew carries this journal AN: 2009350169 NLM Unique Identifier:
8. Fonteyn M. Polinski K. Lynch K. McKenna C. Gorman D. Saint-Eloi S. An evidence-based policy to guide nurses in using a power injector to instill contrast media. Oncology Nursing Forum. 2007 Jan; 34(1): 199. Burlew carries this journal AN: 2009484138.
9. Bradshaw A. Price L. Rectal suppository insertion: the reliability of the evidence as a basis for nursing practice. Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2007 Jan; 16(1): 98-103. (35 ref) Burlew has some online access, no print issues. AN: 2009481114 NLM Unique Identifier: 17181671.
10. Hoogerduijn JG. Schuurmans MJ. Duijnstee MSh. de Rooij SE. Grypdonck MF. A systematic review of predictors and screening instruments to identify older hospitalized patients at risk for functional decline. Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2007 Jan; 16(1): 46-57. (39 ref) Burlew has some online access, no print issues. AN: 2009481109 NLM Unique Identifier: 17181666.
Posted by Julie Smith, MLS, AHIP at 2:54 PM